Saturday, July 22, 2017

BACK AND FORTH


     The weather forecast says it will get back up to 100 degrees again this afternoon, but right now, it's a pleasant 78 degrees and the early morning breeze makes it downright pleasant to be here on the screened porch. I spend a lot of time indoors, breathing air-conditioning, for which I'm grateful. But mornings and evenings I do my best to spend some time outdoors, surrounded by greenery and feeling the gifts of time and space. I wish you could be here on the porch with me, but since that's not possible, I'll simply share a poem I wrote years ago, and invite you into this space:
 
Wrapped in a robe of sunlit silence
the armless rocking chair takes me back
to where I haven't been for far too long
moving in place, back and forth,
noiseless as the swishing of my tabby cat's tail.
 
Just five minutes earlier,
I was firmly wrapped in a relentless hurry -
barely past sunrise and already my plate was full
of projects, plans and unkept promises,
feeling sullen and surly
wondering how did it get so late so early?
 
This quiet moment
snuck over the threshold on soft-slipper feet
first catching me by surprise
now holding me as willing captive.
 
This is my Waterloo, and I surrender to you, little rocking chair
Feed your prisoner steamed brown rice,
one grain at a time
water my thirsty heart,
tear my well-planned day apart.
    
With joy,
     Rudi
PS
And a few personal invitations for those of you who want to get out and "do" something this Summer.
Please join me for these evenings of music as I share my passion for entertaining and enlightening, anytime, anywhere:
Saturday, July 22, 5:00 - 7:30pm, Barriba Cantina on the Riverwalk, 111 W. Crockett
Saturday, July 29, 7:30 - 9:00pm, Unity Church Coffeehouse, CommUnity Center, 8103 Broadway


THANK YOU for holding the Circle in your heart by visualizing a generous flow of financial abundance. Thank you for supporting us as we continue our work of fostering a creative, inclusive approach to spirituality. We are deeply grateful.


http://www.celebrationcircle.org/donate


No comments:

Post a Comment