Saturday, April 14, 2018

FINDING ANOTHER WAY


Sometimes, when I've let myself get upset about the latest political conundrum, the current cultural clash and/or the horrific news, I find myself wanting to blame someone else for this mess. But then I remember that I am complicit, as most of us are, because I'm not doing much about it, as most of us aren't. We're following along with the flock, like sheep... So I wrote this song and made this video (with my dear friend, Linda Cuellar, doing almost all the work!) as a way of helping myself and others laugh at ourselves while simultaneously issuing a not so subtle call to action: let's fix this mess! Let's find another way to be!

FINDING EACH OTHER 
As a sacred activist, I do my best to keep my eyes and heart open to both the joys and sorrows of the world, and to take compassionate action when possible. While I certainly vote regularly and have political opinions, too, I aspire to move beyond the old, dysfunctional divisions of Us vs. Them, Democrat vs. Republican, liberal vs. conservative, and embrace a more global, universal perspective that honors our deep connection with the Earth and all beings who dwell here alongside me. Not just as a good idea, but as a way of living from the inside out:  walking softly on the Earth, interacting compassionately with others and listening for guidance along the way. I've still got a lot to learn, but I'm committed to the journey, and it's in this spirit that I offer this video. If you enjoy it, feel free to share it with others. In any case, thanks for reading and listening for a few minutes as we travel this path together.


We The Sheeple Music Video Parody
WE THE SHEEPLE

With gratitude and blessings,
Rudi Harst

THANK YOU for holding the Circle in your heart by visualizing a generous flow of financial abundance. Thank you for supporting us as we continue our work of fostering a creative, inclusive approach to spirituality. We are deeply grateful.


http://www.celebrationcircle.org/donate


No comments:

Post a Comment