Sunday, October 22, 2017

GROWING IN GRATITUDE


     It was a mighty sweet seeing Zet back at home yesterday, even if it was for just a couple of hours. She and her occupational therapist came to measure and assess the dimensions of our house, and determine which minor modifications need to be made in preparation for her return, which, hopefully will occur within the next week or so.
 
HEALING IN GRATITUDE
     In the meantime, the surgery on her left hand was successful, and the orthopedic surgeons have determined that her hip bone, sacrum and pelvis fractures are all healing well and won't require any surgery -- and neither will my fractured knee. Yippee! Meanwhile, my dad and his partner, Dawn, continue their healing process, and all four of us share a renewed appreciation for the precious gift of life itself -- and for the many folks who have been praying for us throughout this time.
 
OVERFLOWING WITH GRATITUDE
     We have so much to be grateful for, having been richly blessed by the loving kindness and generosity of so many people over the past couple of weeks, dear friends and total strangers alike. Having had such a close brush with death has really brought our priorities into focus, deepened our commitment to each other, and underscored the depth, breadth and preciousness of our Celebration Circle family. Our hearts are filled to overflowing with gratitude for the many lessons learned and blessings received.
 
SHARING OUR GRATITUDE
     That's why I'm starting a new campaign to "Make America Grateful Again" -- because I think most of us take our blessings too much for granted, and don't spend nearly enough time feeling grateful. I know I didn't, until I came within two inches of losing my life and/or my loved ones in the blink of an eye. I don't ever want to go back to taking these many, many gifts for granted. Having spent these past two weeks feeling the deep joy of living with a heart full of gratitude, I'm really looking forward to being back in the Sunday Morning Circle this weekend. I can't wait to share my words and songs of gratitude with you and the rest of our beloved Circle of friends.

 With joy and hopes of seeing you Around the Circle,
     Rudi Harst

THANK YOU for holding the Circle in your heart by visualizing a generous flow of financial abundance. Thank you for supporting us as we continue our work of fostering a creative, inclusive approach to spirituality. We are deeply grateful.


http://www.celebrationcircle.org/donate



No comments:

Post a Comment