Friday, November 20, 2015

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS


    Last summer while my daughter and granddaughter were visiting from the Netherlands we got this sweet snapshot of us standing together with Zet, Mateo and my father. Seeing four generations of my family in that one frame always makes me smile, always sends a warm glow through my heart. That's why I keep a print of that shot on my desk, to help me stay grounded in gratitude.
     Anytime I find myself feeling temporarily grumpy, all I have to do is look back at that photo, and feel the power of all that love surrounding me, and I'm back on track to feeling like I'm one of the wealthiest and luckiest men on the planet.
 
GROUNDED IN GRATITUDE
     I'll spare you the intricacies of the details here. Suffice it to say that the backstory of how those people in that photograph came to be interwoven across four generations, three continents and too many miracles to count, is so complex and improbable, that I can't help but feel extraordinarily blessed and grateful for the many gifts that have been showered on me and my family.
     That's why this particular photo is one of my all-time favorite triggers for feeling grounded in gratitude on a regular basis. Even just writing these words sends a flood of warm feelings rushing through me right now.
 
SHARING THE ATTITUDE
     So, in the spirit of Thanks Living, I invite you to take a few moments right now to think about one or more of the particular blessings in YOUR life. Won't you allow yourself to focus on your blessing(s), then slip into an attitude of gratitude right now? And let those feelings of gratitude, love and joy ooze out of you, spilling beyond the borders of your physical self and out into the world?  Ahhh...   May all beings be blessed by your willingness to do this!
 
With gratitude and best wishes for Happy Thanks Living,
    Rudi

PS: I hope you'll be able to join us this Sunday morning at SAY Sí for an extended meditation and reflection on gratitude, and then stay for our Potluck Feast afterwards. A good time will be had -- and it wouldn't be the same without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment