Sunday, June 17, 2018

A BIG QUESTION


     This week marks the 19th year in a row that Zet and I have spent five days each June leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-generational art camp on the legendary King Ranch in South Texas. Once again, we've done our best to support our students and ourselves in finding new ways to express creatively. The days have been long, and there were often some interesting logistical challenges to deal with, but it's very satisfying work, filled with multiple opportunities to see beyond the horizons of my habitual thought patterns. 

     We arrived home earlier today, in time to get ready for the Sunday Morning Circle, where we plan to bring a bucketful of these creative juices to share with our beloved spiritual community as we celebrate Father's Day -- hopefully, including you. Meanwhile, I'm also preparing for next Saturday's Summer Solstice Concert in the Cave Without a Name, one of my all-time favorite events in 40+ years of being a professional musician. 

 

STAYING FOCUSED

      While these events might appear to be very different from one another stylistically, I do my best to remember that my purpose remains the same in each case:  to experience, explore and express the free flow of Spirit moving through me, in a world of prosperity and peace. At least, that's my intention.

     I admit to having varying degrees of success maintaining my balance and perspective during this action-packed time, so it's helpful to have a statement of purpose that I can return to again and again, to help me stay focused on what it is I'm really here to do in this lifetime. Whether I'm working with a bunch of energetic five year-olds jumping willfully around the classroom early on a weekday morning, or the complex details of getting an eight-piece band onstage in a subterranean wonderland on Saturday night or a joy-filled Sunday Circle of spiritual companions celebrating our Oneness, my intention remains the same. 

 

ASKING YOU

     I choose to remember that I'm not here to worry a lot about doing things "right", nor am I here to try to control the outcomes in a given situation. Rather, I'm here to experience, explore and express the Oneness of Life, while simply trusting that "all is well, and all shall be well." Everything else is just details, so I'll do my best and let go of the rest. At least, that's my story - and I'm glad to be sharing it with you, while also inviting you to remember to ask yourself:  "What's MY purpose?"


With joy

     Rudi Harst


THANK YOU for holding the Circle in your heart by visualizing a generous flow of financial abundance. Thank you for supporting us as we continue our work of fostering a creative, inclusive approach to spirituality. We are deeply grateful.


http://www.celebrationcircle.org/donate


No comments:

Post a Comment