Saturday, October 24, 2015

DANCE WITH THE CHANGES


       For the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking a lot about the process of change unfolding within and around me. It probably started when I went to the 45-year reunion of the New Braunfels High School Class of 1970, where I was shocked to see the familiar faces of my youth looking so much older than they seemed just a few short years ago at a previous reunion.
      And that feeling was certainly amplified a few days later by officiating yet another memorial service for yet another friend, while noticing the turning of the seasons, marked by the shift to cooler weather and the piles of brown leaves accumulating on the ground.
 
SHARING THE PROCESS
      So it's probably no surprise that for the last two Sunday Circles, I've been using my words, music and meditations to reflect on the process of embracing change. What was surprising is the number of people that have made a point of telling me how timely and helpful they found those reflections to be. So I've decided to post the videos of those two Sundays in this space, which I normally use to share a brief story or poem. (see clips, above and below)
      I invite you to invest a few minutes watching one or both of these videos, and meditate on the changes occurring in and around your life. (Each video contains a brief talk of about 8-10 minutes, followed by a guided meditation of about the same length). Perhaps you'll even hit "Reply" on this e-mail afterwards, and share your thoughts on the process of embracing the changes in your life.
      In any case, I send you rich blessings and best wishes as your travel around the Circle of Life during this particular season of change, whatever it brings you.
 
In peace, 
          Rudi


PS: This weekend I'll be spreading the Celebration Circle vibes in East Texas, performing a solo concert at the First Presbyterian Church Community Hall in Jacksonville on Saturday night
, and speaking/singing at the Unity Church of Tyler on Sunday morning
. If you or a loved one will be in that area this weekend, it would be great to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment