Monday, June 6, 2016

STARTING FRESH

   
      As I wake up, I begin the day as usual, with a brief prayer of gratitude and a few moments of savoring the many blessings of my life. But those moments of bliss are quickly shoved aside by thoughts of the long list of things I need to do today, due to a particularly full week ahead of us. Not even fully awake, and already part of me is up and running before my feet have even touched the floor.
 
OLD THOUGHTS
     Fortunately, that semi-panicked feeling is an old acquaintance of mine, and this time, instead of letting him throw me for a loop, I simply acknowledge it's presence, then chose to focus on getting calm, centered and focused on my purpose, which is "to experience, explore and express the free flow of Love."
     From this space, it's easier to remember what I am really here to do today: to Love and be loved. And that I lack nothing, for there is nothing more I need to know, do or have in order to fulfill my purpose.
 
NEW CHOICES
     All I am being asked to do is to show up with an open mind, an open heart and a willingness to recognize each person and situation I encounter along the way as a potential teacher, here to help me become more present and less resistant to the free flow of Love.
     And, yes, I still have a long list of things to do but I might as well do them from a place of peace. At least until my Monkey Mind kicks in again... Which will just give me another chance to remember again, too.  

With gratitude and blessings,
     Rudi


No comments:

Post a Comment