Saturday, April 25, 2015

REMEMBERING AND FORGETTING

          It's been a particularly busy time in our household this week, given Zet's role as coordinator of the King William Fair, the annual, day-long, Fiesta party for 40,000+ people, which is zooming toward us at the speed of light. In addition to the day-to-day operations of the Circle, and my having had seven musical performances over the past ten days, our son, Mateo, is busy sending sparks flying as only a teenager in love can do. In short, it's Zoom Time at our house.

 

ZOOMING AROUND

            Fifteen minutes after waking up this morning I find myself facing another To-Do List containing w-a-a-y more things to do than can get done in one day, and feeling rather overwhelmed. Fortunately, I've learned through experience that the very best thing to do at a moment like that is... nothing.  To simply sit still for a little while and breathe, release my need to Do and embrace my desire to Be.

            This process doesn't have to take a long time; just a minute or two is usually enough to get centered in the truth of who I AM - and that I AM is not limited or defined by what I do or try or buy.

 

SETTLING DOWN

            So that's what I'm doing now, remembering that regardless of what I accomplish on the physical plane, "my Purpose is to experience, explore and express the free flow of Spirit flowing through me, in a world of prosperity and peace, now."

            This statement of Purpose is a sentence that I've carefully crafted, re-crafted, nurtured and utilized often over the past 30 years, and it serves me well to embrace it now. As I expand into the spaciousness of my Soul Purpose at the feeling level, I am able to see my surroundings with fresh eyes. The floor, the furniture, the food on the counter, the yard outside the window are all shining, sparkling with aliveness.

            I open my heart to all of it, feeling compassion for myself, my sweet partner, Zet, our son, our home, and all of Creation, including the To Do list in front of me.  After all, it's something I've clearly created for myself as an opportunity to do what needs to be done, while simultaneously embracing the Oneness of all Life.

 

LOOKING UP

            Will I be able to sustain this feeling throughout the day? Highly unlikely. But it's here now. And, hopefully, I will be able to take my next action, whatever it may prove to be, from this space of feeling centered, free and unlimited. 

            And when I forget, as I probably will in awhile, I'll do my best to remember again. To pause and lift my vision up long enough to embrace whatever situation presents itself as yet another opportunity to experience, explore and express the free flow of Spirit fully, joyfully and gratefully. At least, that's my intention and that's my purpose -- and I'm sticking to it.

            With joy,

                Rudi

No comments:

Post a Comment