Saturday, February 18, 2017

YOU ARE HERE


  I don't have a very good sense of geographic direction, and it doesn't take much for me to get turned around and feel lost. Whether driving across town, hiking on a hillside, or strolling through a shopping mall, I often have a hard time visualizing the way forward, much less how to get back where I came from. 

USING MY PHONE
     Thank goodness for the GPS and Map apps on my smartphone. They've definitely made things easier. But the technology is not totally foolproof, because sometimes the street names shown on the phone screen don't match the street signs in front of me. Sometimes the signal drops and the app freezes up. And should I take a wrong turn, the process of getting re-directed by that maddening robo-voice can get mighty confusing. Plus, the phone is not much help at all when I'm trying to navigate the halls of a hospital or a large department store.
 
USING MY HEAD
     For a long time I struggled with this issue, and invariably wound up berating myself and arriving at my destination feeling late and frustrated. And then, just a few years ago, I made an astonishingly simple, but effective, discovery:  as soon as I find myself feeling lost or confused about which way to turn, I simply stop and ask for directions. Silly, huh? Why the heck did it take so long to come to such a simple conclusion? Masculine Pride. Stubbornness. Shame. Thinking that I should be able to figure it out, like everybody else seems to be able to do...
     But it turns out to be surprisingly easy to just stop and ask for directions. People are always happy to help. And sometimes, just the process of slowing down and stopping for a moment in preparation for asking someone for support is enough to make it obvious which direction to proceed.
 
TRUSTING MY GUIDANCE
     Just as this works on the physical plane, it holds true on the metaphysical realm as well. Whenever I find myself feeling flustered or unsure about a decision that I need to make regarding what to do or where to go in a particular situation, it's helpful to pause my chattering Monkey Mind for a while, turn within and ask for guidance on the inner plane. To let go of my need to "figure things out" on my own, and make space for new information to arrive from the inside out, trusting that all my needs will be met.
 
ALL SHALL BE WELL
     This guidance can come in a variety of forms: an intuitive insight, an unexpected phone call, a chance meeting. Sometimes, simply slowing down, getting grounded and turning within to align with Spirit is itself enough to allow a sense of calm and well-being to emerge - and for the feelings of urgency and inadequacy to dissolve, to be replaced with a broader perspective and the quiet resolve needed to take the next step. And to remember, once again, the ancient words of comfort from Julian of Norwich, "all shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."
 
With gratitude and blessings,
     Rudi

Thanks for supporting the Circle with your time, talent and treasure, just by reading this you are tapping into our collective abundant consciousness of Love. Please consider making a financial donation to support that consciousness by clicking HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment